Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day One: Stepping out into the infinite

Seeing as how this blogging business is news to me, today is the first attempt at catching the world's attention.

Where to begin?

Staying at home with four children is bound to make anyone mad. Not angry, mad, as in, "IF ONE MORE PERSON ASKS ME FOR DORA FRUIT SNACKS AND JUICE, I AM TURNING INTO SAM JACKSON AND KICKING YOU LITTLE SNAKES OFF THIS PLANE!"
Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and my husband. But I am on meds for a reason. Sometimes my days are dark and cold and lonely.

The highlight of this week is going to be Friday's trip for my first round of cortisone shots to be injected into my back. I can't live with this sciatica forever. Does that paint a picture of why I am a little on edge?

There was a time in my life where my weekends were 3 day bar binges. Hanging out with people I barely knew. Riding in cars with strangers. And one day I woke up and decided that this path is the yellow brick road to Hell and I better take the nearest off ramp or me and my little dark blue Pontiac Sunfire were going to be driving off the edge.

So, I got married. pretty quickly in my mind. And I got pregnant three times even quicker. And now my weekends consist of chinese food, movies and Wii games with my kids. HOORAY! MY ETERNAL SOUL IS SAVED! Perhaps. Inside lies a mischief maker. A promiscuous drinker. A dirty dancer. And she is rattling the bars of the cage I hide her in.

So this is my day today. Total elation that my three Netflix movies arrived in the mail. Pork ribs thawing, black beans simmering. Typing in a quiet room while the snakes are sleeping. Waiting for the day that the meds put my mischief maker to sleep.

5 comments:

  1. Loved it Christina - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. I knew you were hiding some serious skills - writing is your thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! And you were worried about blogging! You're a very talented writer - I could SEE what you were writing instead of just reading it! I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE it!! you entertain me to no end :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Loved this post!!! And could relate to your journey in more ways than I would like to admit too. ;)

    ReplyDelete